Two New Train Games

An open forum for the discussion of anything, within reason, except politics and religion.
Cash on Wheels

Re: Two New Train Games Unread post

That 20 min rule is long gone. As seen by this screenshot.
piling up!.jpg
This happens when you focus on one part of the map for a few hours. And ignore others the parts. Because I use limited track all it takes is one train staring contest and everything grinds to a halt. I don't mind it tho, I see it a challenge to get things moving again, plus I know what it feels like to be NS or BNSF train dispatcher!
Cash on Wheels

By popular demand here was the industry changes for transport fever + New Industry 2.4.2.

Removed 10/27/18
Last edited by Cash on Wheels on Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Based on what it says at the Russian mods site, only Steam users can get the New Industry 2.4.2 mod, which means your files are only good if you bought TPF from Steam.
Hawk
Cash on Wheels

Hawk wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:06 am Based on what it says at the Russian mods site, only Steam users can get the New Industry 2.4.2 mod, which means your files are only good if you bought TPF from Steam.
I also bought the game off GoG a while back. I highly recommend downloading TPFMM. It keeps all you mods in one place. Plus you can download mods from steam and Transportfever.net. Just make sure it is set to all sources. Plus you can update and revert any mod. It also allows you to remove the mods, all this in the app. It so Useful I have it on my task bar.

Edit: Oh how far my grammar has fallen!
Last edited by Cash on Wheels on Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I was not aware that you could download stuff from the Steam Workshop with TPFMM. I don't think it would work for me though. My gaming computer isn't connected to the Internet, and won't be, and I don't think my Internet computer would even let TPF install.

I've already downloaded a bunch of stuff from TransportFever.net, plus the Russian site. Shame some mod developers chose to only make their work available through Steam.

Edit 1: I had a look at your files and in the mod.lua file I saw a link to a different Russian site. One that I didn't know about (I didn't know there was two) and the file the link pointed to is, I'm assuming, the one your files mod.
Will your edits work with 2.5.3 and/or 2.5.5, or only 2.4.2?
Hawk
Cash on Wheels

50/50 it would work. If it does be reminded that bauxite and aluminum will not be in the game. However I could slip you the original 2.4.2 mod in a PM if you want.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I have the 2.4.2, a well as the 2.52 and 2.5.5, but thanks anyway. (0!!0)
It's still available at the second Russian site I linked to above, along with a few other older versions.

I'm in the middle of playing a map I made right now and it has a couple of mods that are not compatible with this one, according to what it says at Steam, so I'll try it later.
Hawk
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I did some testing with the New Industry mod, both 2.42 and your edits and I have a couple of comments and questions, as well as a problem I found.
  • I'm thinking the Fertilizer factory could require manure and/or mulch from the farm and grain silo, along with the minerals, and also add chemicals to the mineral requirement.
  • I've got used to having a separate oil plant and fuel plant so it would be cool if this mod did that too.
  • I like that the farm now requires grain to produce cattle in an upgrade.
Take my thoughts above with a grain of salt. {,0,}
  • Does the Raceway attract people? If not, what is the purpose of it?
  • What is the function of the Builders Supply?

Now for the problem. When loading the game with a new map I'd get a CTD at the Initializing Simulation - 42% point. Then I would see this error.

error.jpg

I did not get this with the 2.4.2 version but I did with yours, so I did some research into this (this does not happen when loading a new custom map with industry already built).

In the 2.4.2 version, in the res>construction>industry folder, there is a Bauxite_mine.zip file. In your version you have it unzipped.
As you can see in the error message, the Bauxite_mine.con file, at line 192 says this:

Code: Select all

result.models[#result.models + 1] = { id = "industry/Bauxite_mine/collider.mdl", transf = transf.rotZYXTransl(transf.degToRad(0, 0, 0), vec3.new(0, 0, 0)) }
This line points to a collider.mdl file that does not exist in the folder res\models\model\industry\Bauxite_mine

However, it does exist in the folder res\models\model\industry\Distilling_plant

What I don't understand is why it is in the Distilling_plant folder to begin with, since at line 19 points to id = "asset/rock_2_9_lod_0.msh", which is in the vanilla res folder in the models>mesh>asset folder, which then points to asset/rock_detail2.mtl which is in the vanilla res folder in the models>material>asset folder, which then points to models>asset>rock_detail2.tga which is in the vanilla res folder in the textures>models>asset folder, and is this image.

rock_detail2.jpg

I can understand this collider.mdl file being in the Bauxite_mine folder, but why is it in the the Distillling_plant folder?

BTW! The Bauxite_mine.zip file is not in the 2.5.5 version. They unzipped it and added the Bauxite mine (along with the Aluminum mill) to the game and it looks like they corrected the error with the collider.mdl file.
In the 2.4.2 version the collider file is not in the res\models\model\industry\Bauxite_mine folder, which I would guess is why you have the error in your version.

The collider stuff is in the Distillery stuff in version 2.5.5 also.

I did copy the collider file from the Distilling_plant folder into the Bauxite_mine folder and that seems to have fixed the issue.
Hawk
Cash on Wheels

Hawk wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:12 pm I did some testing with the New Industry mod, both 2.42 and your edits and I have a couple of comments and questions, as well as a problem I found.
  • I'm thinking the Fertilizer factory could require manure and/or mulch from the farm and grain silo, along with the minerals, and also add chemicals to the mineral requirement.
  • I've got used to having a separate oil plant and fuel plant so it would be cool if this mod did that too.
  • I like that the farm now requires grain to produce cattle in an upgrade.
Take my thoughts above with a grain of salt. {,0,}
  • Does the Raceway attract people? If not, what is the purpose of it?
  • What is the function of the Builders Supply?

Now for the problem. When loading the game with a new map I'd get a CTD at the Initializing Simulation - 42% point. Then I would see this error.

error.jpg

I did all of this stuff in February so I do not recall all of the details. The raceway was ported from a campaign mission to single player by Vitro. It should have the code that attracts customers to it already installed. I would not know because I rarely use it. The split oil/fuel refinery is something I never bothered to do. Not very high on my list.but it is easy to do your self. I would take under an hour.

If you were to create a "Fuel Refinery" it would need to look like this This was taken from lines 86-93

{ cargoType = "CRUDE", type = "RECEIVING", x = -8, y = 10, sizex = 3, sizey = 6 },
{ cargoType = "CHEMICAL", type = "RECEIVING", x = -56, y = 19, sizex = 1, sizey = 3 },
{ cargoType = "FUEL", type = "SENDING", x = -34, y = -55, sizex = 6, sizey = 2 }
},
stockRules = {
{ input = { { 1, 0, 0 } }, output = { { 0, 0, 1 } }, capacity = 100 },
{ input = { { 0, 1, 0 } }, output = { { 0, 0, 0 } }, capacity = 20 }

Just do that for all five levels. That's the quick fix. You would eventually need to increase the size of the storage area. the white storage areas are set by size and on the xy-plane.

The builders supply is just another customer for steel rock cement & lumber. You know the world is not built from just bricks and pipes! :mrgreen:
Just think of it as the TpF version of the RRT3 v1.06 Construction Firm! Just like the Construction Firm It lacks details, and it collision zone is still that of a regular industry. I will get a rare CtD when zooming in & around it for some reason. In one game I had it was constant. It got so bad I had to "fly"like an F-16 under the radar to the target builder's supply and 'bomb' it with the bulldozer.

My transport fever is gone. My playing temp is back to 98.6 Earlier n the year it was a 108 degree transport Fever! It seems you got those issues out of the way. This game requires just a bit of finessing. Unlike RRT3. Bong! Bong! Bong! I will leave that up for a bit more maybe some time after akarin downloads it.
Last edited by Cash on Wheels on Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Thanks for the tips on the fuel refinery and answers to the other questions. (0!!0)
Hawk