Cargo weight revamping

A private forum for those folks working on patches for RRT3.
Gumboots
CEO

Re: Cargo weight revamping Unread post

I'll get onto the compilation thing. !*th_up*!

The reefer models are still sitting in Blender, like a lot of other models. I'll probably do something with them eventually, or anyone else is welcome to if they don't want to wait. At the moment my head is focused on 19th century scenarios, and the default reefer models don't bug me much in that period.

TBH what prompted the latest pack was me wanting to set up a roster of early NSWGR locos, with tailored stats, and deciding that it really was time I got all the cargo cars running with the same weight scale.
Gumbootz Lokomotivfabrik und Bierkeller

LMR Samson 0-4-0 - Pennsy H3 Consolidation - Custom double tank cars set
Akarin
Hobo

Well they're always welcome, no rush. I think all my freight cars are now set to your weight scale. The only thing next for me is your express cars. I'm still using WP&P's for the Pennsy livery and bc I can't remove them and add yours without ruining my saved games. It's a shame about the flatcar loads though.
Gumboots
CEO

Doing all the flatcar loads is a lot of work. Come to think of it, you could spend endless amounts of time detailing up the rest of the cars too. That's why I figured getting it running with basic (but decent) models made sense. Once the structure is set up the eye candy can be changed anytime, and done a bit at a time so it's not overwhelming. Upgrades would be just a matter of swapping PK4's without having to worry about any other files. !*th_up*!

You got me thinking about saved games. Obviously the game is storing information for cargo cars somewhere. It shouldn't be hard to find out where either. That opens the possibility of editing the hex directly to make saves compatible with changed cargo cars if anyone wants to do that. I've already been editing the .gmp hex to sort out station names after testing scenarios, and that's an easy process.*

Re Pennsy livery: sure, it's nice, but personally I can't stand having Pennsylvania signwriting on cars all over the world. It just doesn't fit and it never feels right to me. But if you wanted to take my express cars and stick "Pennsylvania" on the sides that would be easy.

*Edit: Took a quick look in a save. Finding and editing where the basic cargo (and car) definitions are is easy, but what I forgot was all the loads on trains. Those also reference the cargo car files, and editing all of those could be a nightmare, so updating saves probably isn't going to be practical.
Gumbootz Lokomotivfabrik und Bierkeller

LMR Samson 0-4-0 - Pennsy H3 Consolidation - Custom double tank cars set