Cargo & Industry fixes for 1.06

A private forum for those folks working on patches for RRT3.
Gumboots
CEO

Re: Cargo & Industry fixes for 1.06 Unread post

Aha. So based on that, it's sounding like the 60 cargo limit for the editor listings isn't relevant, and that it's the 52 cargo limit for economic cell tracking that puts the walloper on things. And that CTD will be triggered if the total number of .cty files in CargoTypes exceeds 52, regardless of how many cargoes are enabled on the map.

I'll run a few tests to confirm (or deny) this, later today.

I was kinda hoping that it would be possible to set up all 60 with .cty files, but only enable 52 or less per scenario. If that's not possible then yeah, modular packs makes the most sense. There's no real need to have the names restricted to what's in 1.06's hidden list either. Those were only set up for translation via RT3.lng, and people have made custom cargoes that don't use that list before, so if going modular you could more or less do wotcha like.
Gumbootz Lokomotivfabrik und Bierkeller

LMR Samson 0-4-0 - Pennsy H3 Consolidation - Custom double tank cars set
Gumboots
CEO

Re: Cargo & Industry fixes for 1.06 Unread post

Well, I just tried to get Salt going in AoS V, and I'm getting CTD whenever I try to save the test map. *!*!*!

The game loads just fine. It has a salt mine. This is enabled, but not assigned to any region or city. So I set up two warehouses: one to demand 8 salt per year, and the other to supply it. These get built, and show correct recipes. No problem.

Then I go to save it as a test map, and the game crashes. **!!!**

Edit: I think I figured out why this is happening. I don't have any diesels installed at the moment, and of course AoS V is coded for diesels. This could be borking things when I try to save a modified version. At the moment I can't be bothered throwing a pile of diesels at it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, next test. Forget AoS V and start a new map. Basic 320x320 tile. Build one salt mine (just to make sure it works) and the two salt warehouses. Save this. No crash. Go to scenario selection menu > start scenario. Hey, it works. Except, for some reason, the salt is shipping in auto racks even though it's 1870 and I set it to covered hoppers. *!*!*!

Lulz.jpg

Ok, minor detail. It works anyway. Will try an extra cargo or two and see what happens.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, just added Sand and Sand Mine. Game will open to main menu and allow map selection, but as soon as you select a map it's instant CTD.

That's pretty definitive. You can have 52 .cty files in Data/CargoTypes, and no more. 53 is instant CTD.

Now, if you were a radically-minded sort of lunatic, you might think that over the past ten years somebody would have just said so quite clearly. Still, here we are. And now we know. :lol:

Just to make sure, edited the map so it started in 2010 with all cargoes enabled. Still seems fine with 52 cargoes (apart from the auto racks thing, which would be some minor error on my part).

Moar_lulz.jpg

Edit: Sorted the autoracks thing. It was a typo in the .cty file (I had Covered Hopper instead of Covered_Hopper).
Gumbootz Lokomotivfabrik und Bierkeller

LMR Samson 0-4-0 - Pennsy H3 Consolidation - Custom double tank cars set