Romanian steam locomotive, Falkenber/Elster, Germany.

Chronicles of Railroad History from different parts of the World.
Shamough

Re: Romanian steam locomotive, Falkenber/Elster, Germany. Unread post

AdmiralHalsey wrote:Those are some sad images. Breaks my heart seeing steamers slowly rusting away like that.
Kinda better than not being able to see them at all ... thar be shredders that could take those babies apart in minutes.
Gumboots
CEO

Re: Romanian steam locomotive, Falkenber/Elster, Germany. Unread post

I was just checking this forum out since I was about to post another topic, and spotted this thread. A quick search turned up some more information.
Capn Twisted wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:01 amThe plate on the front says 50 764 further digging turned up a small documentary on the place where this train is kept, which is in fact a locomotive graveyard/museum of a private collector. I'm guessing it is a WWII era Class 50 (German 2-10-0 ) manufactured in German manufacturing plants in Romania (like many of the weapons such as the Kar98) during the war. If anyone has anything to add about this engine, that would be fantastic!
Ok, it's not a DRB 50 class. Those were named the 150 class when in Romanian service. It's actually a Romanian copy of a Prussian G10, and it has now been partially restored. It's not currently steamable, but it is painted and it does roll around if you give it a shove. !*th_up*!

Güterzuglokomotive 50.764

Translated to English, the page says:
Manufacturer: Malaxa Locomotive Works (Bucharest).
Year of construction: 1940

State/status: Rollable, but only partially preserved, museum locomotive in moderate condition. The future preservation of the locomotive can be considered secure.

Remarks: Romanian replica of the Prussian G 10. Since December 2007 the locomotive is in Falkenberg.
Enjoyed the video too. Great stuff. (0!!0)
Gumbootz Lokomotivfabrik und Bierkeller

LMR Samson 0-4-0 - Pennsy H3 Consolidation - Custom double tank cars set