Re: Rolling Stock skinning ideas Unread post

Welcome back Bomber. Good to see ya' still alive and kickin'. :salute:

A lot's been goin' on of late. Very interesting stuff. :mrgreen:
Hawk
bombardiere
Hobo

It is always nice to be missed. 8-) Thanks guys. :-D

Yes a lot has been going on and I have about years worth threads to be read. Hawk, you have probably seen me lurking here from time to time. And it may stay like that, but I have to see if I have time finish some old projects.
nedfumpkin

Of course, any thing you create would immediately be incorporated into Trainmaster. Not to scare you or anything there Bomber, but it already has everything esle you made. :)

PS...lurk if you must but never stray too far
Gumboots
CEO

I've recently installed the extra cars pack, and I must say I'm thoroughly enjoying them. Great work. !*th_up*!

There does appear to be one small glitch with the alpha channel on (IIRC) the bauxite hopper. If I can fix that I'll post an updated version. It should only require a minor edit to the .tga images (hopefully).
Gumbootz Lokomotivfabrik und Bierkeller

LMR Samson 0-4-0 - Pennsy H3 Consolidation - Custom double tank cars set
Gumboots
CEO

Hey got a question about this stuff. WP&P's cars have all the files just loose instead of packed up in PK4's. That makes the UserExtraContent folder rather hard to navigate, which is something that is a bit of an nuisance when testing one's own mods or just trying to find stuff.

Would I be right in assuming that it would all still work if I just PK4'd up the relevant assets for each car type? So it'd end up with all coacha and CoachA assets in a package called CoachA.PK4 instead of all over the place, and nothing would break?

If this can be done it'd be a simple job to implement, and would make for a much cleaner folder.

hoborailcat

I've thought of just putting all the loose files into one big PK4. I figure either way should work, I just haven't done much with RRT3 since I got a new computer.
Gumboots
CEO

Cool. I'll give it a go. !*th_up*!

Gumboots
CEO

Tried it. It works. No problem. It makes a big difference when trying to find thngs in UserExtraContent.

I managed to replace 943 assorted files with 11 nice little PK4's. I could have thrown them all into one, but kept the different car types separate for clarity (ie: coach.PK4, Ddine.PK4, etc). Now I can find stuff. I'm happy. :-D

Note for Hawk: WP & P did mention he was intending to pack these neatly but apparently never got around to it. Since I've just done it and tested it without any problems showing up, if you want the PK4's for the archives just let me know. !*th_up*!

ETA: Hey I'll just throw them into the upload page and you can use them if you want to. (0!!0)

Done. File name is Tidied_up_PK4s_for_WP_and_P_custom_cars.7z

Hawk
The Big Dawg

I'm guessing this will only be beneficial to those that download all cars any one of the zips you provided.
What if they didn't?
Hawk
Gumboots
CEO

I'm not sure what you mean. His cars are only available as express, troops, goods, etc packs anyway. If you download the express car mod it gives you all his express cars for all periods, as far as I know. The only difference here is that they're not a huge pile of loose files.

I don't mind changing the format if anyone can think of a better one, but I think having them packed up in PK4's makes a lot more sense.