Rolling Stock skinning ideas

Creating and Editing Rollingstock
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Rolling Stock skinning ideas Unread post

I have some other brick textures you're welcome to use if you'd like.
Let me know if you're interested and I'll get some screenshots together.
'Course it doesn't matter to me if you use this one. ;-)
I also have some good wood textures.

Edit 1: Here's something else that might interest you.

http://www.accustudio.com/exchange/textures.php?dir=

This site has a link at each texture where you can see how it looks tiled.
Very handy for web site work. ;-)
Hawk
wsherrick

Just a quick question about the new passenger cars. In 1910 when the wooden coaches are replaced by the steel cars, the mail cars in my game are still wood. Is this intentional or did I do something wrong?
WPandP

The overlap is intentional - this is mentioned in the readme. My intention is to have lots of overlap, esp. in the freight cars, so that average car weight increases gradually over time, rather than all at once. This should make the late steam more worthwhile, as a bought-in-1905 ten wheeler or atlantic would struggle to pull the heavier cars in 1940. For passenger varnish, this isn't as critical and matched trainsets are maybe preferable, but I wanted to do a little bit of overlap!
wsherrick

That's what I get for skimming quickly over the read me file. I think the overlap idea is good because that is what happens in real life. New cars slowly replace the old cars over time and any train from any era would have a mixed consist of such cars. Keep up the superb work.
WPandP

Custom Hoppers Available! Unread post

MORE CARS ARE AVAILABLE!

Have you ever noticed that the default Hopper car in RRT3, which gets used to carry bauxite, coal, and iron, has a stencil on the side which clearly forbids such loads? "Ballast Loading Only" it says, or something to that effect. Isn't that irritating?

Well, the remedy is here!

http://wpandp.com/CarModding.html

Three new cars, one each for bauxite, coal, and iron, for you to download and install. These cars have some extra transitional models introduced, so that your train sets evolve more gradually. And of course, they are based on authentic North American prototypes, at least as far as possible. As a die-hard Norfolk & Western fan, I've made all the coal hoppers to resemble N&W cars, but the other cars represent a variety of roads.

I've got more to come later, so keep checking back to my site. I'll beg Hawk to host them here, as well; Hawk has yet to add the Passenger car sets to his page, but you can get that at my site too.

Enjoy!
Ace of Spades

I just got a chance to check out the passenger & mail cars. Great improvement over the plain old blue & white ones!! I'll need to check out the hopper cars soon. If I had any skinning abilities, I'd mod the coal hoppers with some nice READING speed lettering :-D .

Great job on these {,0,} .
Hawk
The Big Dawg

Re: Custom Hoppers Available! Unread post

WPandP wrote:Hawk has yet to add the Passenger car sets to his page, but you can get that at my site too.
It seems to me that I was waiting on something, but I honestly don't remember what now.
I guess I dropped the ball on this one. (**!!sry
I'll get them both added tomorrow.
Hawk
wsherrick

It's okay I think you've been overhauling the web-site or something like that lately. {,0,}
Hawk
The Big Dawg

I probably just got wrapped up in this new forum software and the editing and forgot. LOL!
Hawk
bombardiere
Hobo

Great work WP&P. I am happy to pass modding torch to you.

Hey, Have you solved car weight issue? Have you been able to give new weights to the cars? If so how?
:?: :?: