{NEW BETA} fix/update South Central British Columbia 1898

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.05 and earlier.
JSS

Re: {NEW BETA} fix/update South Central British Columbia 1898 Unread post

Finally an answer to some of your questions.
“Maybe I took too much liberty, I will totally remove the ability to build track in that mode if you say.”
No just keep on going with your plans. You have a much better feel of what “players” like to play. I made my maps all the time according to my visions of what it should be which might have been too structured und lacked replay ability for other players. !!jabber!!

“I'm interested in any extra detail you might have about what you were imagining the role of the "I have other plans" mode was meant to be. How would such a game progress?”
The short answer would be “darned if I remember”. One guess would be that through the Stock Market to be able to take over other RR Companies and build a RR starting from their existing lines. But this is only a guess since I recall to really like the stock market play. That would have been an alternative to develop the region but not as the KVR.

“The "stockpile" concept has been in the game since before I touched it.”
My comments were on the purpose of stockpiling large quantities of supplies if you are really limited by the low yearly use for construction. That did not make sense to me.

Anyhow, I hope you are still having fun doing the fix up.
Thanks
JSS
RulerofRails
Dispatcher

As far as I am concerned the normal pathway is finished. I'm hoping one of these days somebody might give word that they gave it a test run. :-)

The "other plans" path I will tweak a bit more sometime in the near future. This will not affect the normal path. As it stands this path is also working to the best of my knowledge, it currently uses the same track purchase events as late game on the normal pathway.
RayofSunshine

Thanks Gumboots and RofR,
For the "upgrade" and "fixes". The SCBC original had some very interesting challenges, but now glad to see that there has been some fixes to make for better playing.
I do see that at least 12 attempts have been downloaded, although only the 2 of you making any comments. Guess Members are too busy with the agenda of politics. That including myself, but there not being much "stuff" happening with RT3, have neglected "visiting" the 1.05 Forum, but have just played the RT2 Agenda Scenarios for the past several months. And now in the season of summer, don't expect to see much happening for months.
Keep up the agenda of "fixing" as eventually, Members will get back into the "swing" of things. :salute: {,0,}