Ausgleich

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
RulerofRails
Dispatcher

Re: Ausgleich Unread post

Please try it. We all have different styles of play. You might see things I didn't.
Gumboots
CEO

I'll have to give it a go. Still haven't got around to it. My brain gets a bit bipolar about RT3. When I'm into it, I'm right into it. When I get burned out on it, I can't stand looking at any maps or any models for a while. Then, after a suitably long break, I start getting enthused again and it's all on. ^**lylgh
Gumbootz Lokomotivfabrik und Bierkeller

LMR Samson 0-4-0 - Pennsy H3 Consolidation - Custom double tank cars set
RayofSunshine

The programming was going along until 1878, after I made the last requirement of connection of the cities. Lower right hand corner (Baserati) Every thing got "shut down, except the "cursor". ^**lylgh I don't know if this is my computer, or just some thing which has to be corrected. :salute: {,0,}
low_grade
Hobo

Gave this a try today, gold on Expert in 1904. Plenty of time, and I think the strategy is all down to the tycooning in the first few years. You have to start a company, so do so, then sell your stocks. Then buy into the stocks you know are about to go up. Spread out your purchases, and keep buying throughout the first year as you can. Then in December, dump it all. Come January, buy up your own stock. I had 15/20 shares and over $600k PNW at this point. Now, to get profitable. Textiles was the way to go, but beware of bad seeds. One upstream of Nagykanizsa and buy the two sheep farms, another up from Deva and buy three farms. That was enough to get me started on acquisitions. The first two AI companies (not the pre-built), and then connections. Build from Deva down to Arad, Arad-Nagylak was the first AI, so my first takeover. Once the ball got rolling, it was just a matter of time. I built a steel mill in Deva, after the two that spawned there both shuttered in the depression of 73-75. Only a couple more industries, as prices got prohibitive, focus on acquisition, and a wee bit of expansion. Once all takeovers complete, clean up the company, shed debt, modernize the fleet with P8's, double track a bit in a recession, and finally make the connections.

Not much track laying, except to clean up AI stupidity. Each AI will start a company, so be ready for more acquisitions than you expected... A good tycooning challenge here, for sure! !*th_up*!
Gumboots
CEO

Taking a look at this.

1/ If you are going to have an automatic lose event firing monthly, it would be a really good idea to tell people in the briefing, and explain the triggers.

2/ There is no point in allowing a start year of up until 1914, because that lose event will kill the game in 1914 anyway. If anyone does start in 1914 they will get a forced lose in a few months. It would make more sense to set 1867 as the only start year.

3/ Win events are checked from the top of the list, down. This means it is always best to put Gold first, then Silver, then Bronze, then Lose. That way if someone gets Gold at the last minute, the Bronze event won't fire first and end the game on a Bronze.

4/ The separator events are bugged. Easiest ways to do those are:
a/ use them for a valid event you need anyway, and just name them as separators, or
b/ set them as once only at scenario start, with a harmless effect such as Player Cash +$0.
But really, there are so few events in this map that separators aren't necessary.
Separators are useful when you are trying to keep track of 100 events, but not when you only have a dozen or so.
You could just remove those three events.

5/ The pre-laid track was obviously done by a human (orientation doesn't match AI limits) but a lot of it is as rough as if it had been laid by an AI. Examples are about half the kkStB track, and about half the OMAV track. Suggest re-laying it to a better standard.

6/ This one is a personal thing, but ever since I did a bit of research on the area for possible Orient Express maps I'm rather over people wanting to encourage rail through the Iron Gate. I'd prefer to have it impassable, like it is IRL.
Gumbootz Lokomotivfabrik und Bierkeller

LMR Samson 0-4-0 - Pennsy H3 Consolidation - Custom double tank cars set