East Anglia v1a No iron

Discussion about reviews and strategies for user created scenarios made for RT3 version 1.06.
TomParrot

East Anglia v1a No iron Unread post

Dear readers,
After a few years of playing East Anglia v1a (as v1 crashed on saving) I noticed that there is no iron showing. How do I generate steel without iron?
Also some towns have been misspelt. Colcester should be Colchester. Hadleight should be Hadleigh.
So far I'm enjoying the game.
TomParrot
Gumboots
CEO

Re: East Anglia v1a No iron Unread post

Arop's maps often contain spelling mistakes. You can correct them in the editor if they bother you.

This map doesn't have any Iron on it. There don't appear to be any military cargoes, so in this period the only use for Iron is as a feedstock for Goods. Those are supplied by a warehouse at the northern end of the map, although you should also get a Steel supply later.

I assume Arop's thinking was that East Anglia in this period was agricultural rather than industrial, and products of heavy industry would have been shipped in from outside the region.
Gumbootz Lokomotivfabrik und Bierkeller

LMR Samson 0-4-0 - Pennsy H3 Consolidation - Custom double tank cars set
TomParrot

Re: East Anglia v1a No iron Unread post

Thank you Gumboots for the reply.
It ties in with my thoughts. Have reach 1860 and as you mentioned steel has appeared in the north east from a warehouse.
It's just that steel was in the symbols of cargos which made me ask the question.
Thanks again.